Through the cultivation of philanthropy and volunteerism, the ETMC Foundation actively supports the mission and outreach of the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System and its affiliates for the benefit of the people and communities of East Texas.
Below are recent donor stories and their impact on healthcare in East Texas.
Cops Crushing Cancer Spring 2011 – Brother-sister duo Allan Crosby and Audrey Crosby Spies walked 857 miles across Texas to raise cancer awareness and funds to benefit the Cancer Institute Remembrance Fund. Click here to learn more about their incredible initiative.
Annually on March 30 – Grateful patients from all over East Texas honored their beloved physicians on National Doctor's Day with gifts to the Physicians Continuing Education Fund. Special cards were forwarded to the physicians along with optional notes of thanks from the donors on March 30.
Ladies Night Out
Winter 2010 – Wulf Outdoor Sports, Inc. in Athens hosted a second annual ladies night out to benefit ETMC Athens Mammography. A total of $16,000 has been raised in support of this worthy cause.
Mary and Wayne Poindexter
Summer 2010 – Through a generous gift from their estate, the Poindexters made possible the addition of ETMC Tyler's Mary and Wayne Poindexter Patient Care Unit, a new sixth-floor patient wing designated for cancer care.
The ETMC Foundation is the philanthropic umbrella for a host of charitable accounts that benefit ETMC's not-for-profit facilities, programs and services. Here are some of these programs:
You can give to any one of our ETMC family of hospitals:
||ETMC Behavioral Health Center
|ETMC Cedar Creek Lake
|| ETMC Crockett
|| ETMC Henderson
||ETMC Mount Vernon
|| ETMC Pittsburg
||ETMC Rehabilitation Center
|| ETMC Rusk
|ETMC Specialty Hospital
|| ETMC Tyler
You can give to these and other specialty programs and centers of excellence:
- ETMC Bell Memorial Golf Tournament – benefiting ETMC's prostate cancer outreach programs
- ETMC Breast Care Fund – for breast cancer awareness, screening and treatment programs
- ETMC Cancer Institute Remembrance Fund – supporting special programs for cancer patients as well as community outreach
- ETMC Chaplain's Fund – for small, but urgent patient/family needs at ETMC Tyler
- ETMC Doctor's Day Campaign – providing a means to honor physicians and other caregivers
- ETMC Growing Together Day Camp – summer camp for children with diabetes
- ETMC Helping Hands Funds – employee crisis funds sponsored by the individual ETMC hospitals
- ETMC Movement Disorders – to foster programs for patients with Parkinson's disease and other movement disorders
- ETMC Pediatrics – for a wide variety of pediatric care needs
- ETMC Transplant Fund – for patients associated with ETMC's kidney transplant program
- ETMC Trauma Care – enhancing emergency and trauma facilities and services
Gifts given to our general fund are used to meet the greatest need at that time.
From rural emergency services to cancer therapy, from cardiac surgery to physical rehabilitation, from obstetrics to primary care clinics . . . ETMC programs and patients benefit from the gifts of individuals who care enough to make a difference for others. Please consider becoming a partner in this mission of healthcare for East Texas
Marty Wiggins, Director
For more information on how you can support the outreach of the East Texas Medical Center Regional Healthcare System, contact:
P. O. Box 6400
, Texas 75711
903-596-3645 or 1-866-444-ETMC